The two panels of stained glass, now on display in the Society's rooms, once graced the old Coogee Palace Aquarium.
They have been donated to the Randwick and District Historical Society by antique dealer Paul Baker who wanted the windows to remain in the community.
The windows have been expertly restored and mounted by Kevin Little, a master craftsman of stained glass.
The Coogee Palace Aquarium was opened in December 1887 and was a major seaside resort attraction at Coogee for the next 25 years.
A prospectus for the Coogee Palace Aquarium Co. Ltd., dated 1889, describes the interior of the building as follows:
The magnificent dome, which is no less than 55 feet in diametre and 55 feet high, is of octagon shape, decorated with radiating blue, enriched with gold and silver stars, with the rising sun and moon, while immediately below are stained glass windows representing dolphins disporting themselves in the sea. This is the only structure in Sydney or its suburbs in which aerial performances or other exhibitions requiring lofty spaces can be given